Wednesday, November 07, 2007

PHILOXENIA 2007: stands I designed

Last Sunday was the final day of the Philoxenia 2007 exhibition in Thessaloniki. Tetragon had a total of seven stands to built (all designed by us), two of them were my designs. Here are some photos of them:


First comes the join stand of the Prefectures of Trikala and Karditsa - they decided to share a space, thus forcing me to design the stand the way I did. Having an island stand with two exhibitors is a tricky condition and I think I managed to successfully position them to maximum effect.


Having as my inspiration autumn, I placed a scenic element of tree trunks, river sand and pebbles, covered with fallen leaves gathered from the parks of our city, right in front of the stand.


Unfortunately the ladies from the Prefectures that manned the stands decided that they had to place their colorful flower pots on every available surface, destroying the effect I was going for, as you can see below:


I chose orange as the colour that punctuates some architectural elements, as it matched the season and is also one of my favourite colours.


Having great photos to use for the stand makes it easier for us...plus the excellently designed white trunks on a green background (by my former colleague Zoi Gazilla-hi Zoi!) completed the overall effect.


Next is the Porto Carras Grand Resort stand: another example where the original design ends up being totally transformed by things the clients bring along...like a roulette:


...or a golf cart and an extra table...


Luckily the graphics were very nice here too (courtesy of Stefania from AdMine) and helped spruce up the minimal design of the stand.


The element with the branches in the middle of the stand was to give a sense of relaxation and calm, as the Porto Carras hotels promoted their spa facilities heavily in this show.

Onto the next show now...

5 comments:

  1. Μπράβο Στράτο πολύ ωραία!!!

    Οι εικαστικές παρεμβάσεις των πελατών είναι πάντα ΟΛΑ ΤΑ ΛΕΦΤΑ
    Θα έπρεπε να ανεβάσεις φωτογραφίες "πρίν" και "μετά"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Though, I know very little about design, I find the exquisite!
    Nice work, Sandman :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Χρόνια πολλά...θα περάσω και το βράδυ με γεμάτα χέρια ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Χρόνια σου πολλά και δημιουργικά Στράτο!

    ReplyDelete